Part 3, Maximize
Chapter 7, Prioritizing Your Activities
Chapter 8, Using Your Time Efficiently
Don’t feel like you need to answer all of these; we hope to invite some of our “quieter” readers into the conversation. Choose one or two and let us hear from you!
Q1. Angie and Jessica talked about women’s tendencies to feel the need to be “everything for everyone” and how often our first inclination is to say “yes” to opportunity. Do you identify? What are some ways you plan to establish healthy boundaries for your time and relationships that will guard against this?
Q2. Tobi admitted when she has a hesitant yes she’ll likely end up regretting or resenting it; can you think of a time where you said yes but should have said no, ending up feeling like Tobi described? What did you learn from the experience?
Q3. Are you seeing habitual patterns you want (and need) to change? Either in the commitments you agree to, the inability to say no or in using your time inefficiently? Many of you have already expressed how social media steals precious time that could be used for fringe hour passions but what are other time-suckers in your life?
Q4. Quick, practical question: what do you always have on hand to take advantage of waiting times (aka fringe hours)? Give us some ideas beyond notecards and books.
Q5. Two chapters with a lot of practical application; share your favorite take-away from this section.
Related Links & Reminders
- The Fringe Hours Video Playlist on Youtube. All our Bloom videos for this study conveniently accessible in one place!
- The Fringe Hours Details & Schedule
- Exclusively at DaySpring: signed copies of The Fringe Hours (limited quantities, special low price)
- Sign up for free, exclusive Bloom emails so you don’t miss a post!
- Like the Bloom Facebook Page for information year-round.
- Share your thoughts and images on Twitter and Instagram using #inbooks #FringeHours & @incourage so we can find you!
- Jessica’s blog, The Mom Creative
Can you believe we’re already halfway through our study? Keep your book with you so reading our next section can be accomplished during a fringe hour (or moment)!
Let’s keep the momentum going, ladies! We’re nearing the homestretch! Don’t miss Thursday when we’ll be taking a look at Chapters 9 and 10 to round out Part 3.
Prioritizing my activities,
Robin for the Bloom Team
Leave a Comment