Thanks to all who entered our A Million Little Ways giveaway and congratulations to the following commentors whose names were drawn:
#210 – Del Marie Riley
#245 – Gayle
#33 – Meg
#45 – Sherry
#302 – Rebekah R.
#94 – Sharon
#50 – Beth
#287 – April R.
#1 – Yvette
#277 – Kathy Ericksen
Fun on Fridays
If you’ve taken part in a Bloom book club before, you already know we like to do something a little different on Fridays. For our fall session, we have two special treats in store:
1) FOR you: Each Friday we’ll feature a guest post by an artist from our broader incourage community–and, by “artist”, we mean artist in the “A Million Little Ways” sense!
As you begin mining the depths of Emily’s book, you’re going to look at yourself differently. You’ll begin to see how you are living art created in the image of God, and how you are making art in your daily life by pursing your passions. Look at the wonderful photo Nester took (above) to begin thinking beyond the traditional definition of artist; gardener, seamstress, cake decorator, homemaker, baker, carpenter, songwriter, potter–begin praying now for the Lord to speak to you throughout this study, and for you to know Him better by the end of our time together.
2) FROM you: We’re asking you to upload photographs of you in the midst of creating and living your art – to instagram, Twitter and/or Facebook – and tag them with the #inbooks hashtag.
We’ll collage a handful every week and link back to you. Wanna see what we mean?
2. Robin Dance
3. Alison Jane
5. Amy Tilson
6. Robin Dance
Here, I captured a few images of Emily’s book in the hands (and near the paws) of her readers. You’re welcome to stage a fun shot, too; the more creative, the better. Or, show us what it is that you do to live and make art–how you love your children, a meal for someone in need, a prize-winning lily you’ve grown. Please show and tell us about it, and remember to use the #inbooks hashtag so I can find it!!
So, I bought the book and I’ve read it…now, how do we sign up for Bloom?
Obviously, this question is not for those of us who’ve taken part in previous studies, but because I’ve been asked multiple times since Jessica and Angie announced our fall selection, I thought it best to address it one more time for our new readers.
1. Bookmark the Details & Schedule page; scroll to the bottom where you’ll find the calendar we’ll be following. At a glance, you can always know what to expect and when.
2. Sign up for Bloom emails (a separate email subscription from general (in)courage blog posts). Whenever a new video/post is live for Bloom, you’ll receive email notification and can read at your convenience.
3. Bloom is at its best when you join the conversation! You can do so directly in the comment section of each post, or choose to engage with others on the Bloom Facebook page. We don’t have a separate forum for conversation, but we urge you to read and reply to one another’s comments. Most videos end with a call for action, and between that, the book’s content and the blog posts, there will be plenty for us to talk about.
4. Tweet your favorite quotes from what we’ve covered each session, whether from the video, blog post or book (longer quotes make wonderful Facebook updates!!). Be sure to use the #inbooks hashtag to make it easier to find!
5. Capture your art in a photograph and share it on instagram, Twitter and/or Facebook using the #inbooks hashtag! We want to see how the Lord is working in you, changing you and inspiring you through A Million Little Ways and Emily’s message. You’ll hear Jesus spoken throughout the entire book.
Be sure to check in Friday where you’ll get to meet Emily for the first time as she joins Angie and Jessica on the sofa–you’re going to be fast friends, I can already tell.
Peace, love and hot pink gerbera daisies,
~ Robin for Bloom
Leave a Comment