Now that we are fully into summer, have you started enjoying it yet?
I always enjoy making lists. I am not always the best at following
through with things but if I have a list, at least I can clearly see
where to start and how to finish. I don't know about you, but at our
house summer flies by way too quickly. I might dream about those "lazy summer days" but in reality, life still happens and it usually feels busy.
By making a list of
things my heart really longs for in the summer time, I can at least make
sure I hit the highlights so my lasting memory of summer days will be pretty
much what I hoped for!
With that in mind, I have made my summer to do list.
And I intend to check off every last one of these simple pleasures.
1. Put fresh flowers on the table.
2. Have a stack of books for summer reading.
3. Inhale lots of sea air.
4. Eat breakfast outside.
5. Drink pink lemonade.
6. Go out for ice cream instead of dinner.
7. Dip my toes in the fountain.
8. Roast marshmallows after dark.
9. Have a picnic by a lake.
10. Run through the sprinklers.
What's on your summer list?
by Melissa Michaels, The Inspired RoomLeave a Comment
1) Stay up late (past sunset!LOL)
2) Walk through the grass barefooted
3) Make at least one daisy chain
4) Eat one popsicle
5) Go to the beach
6) Go to a lake
7) Have a picnic
8) Drink a glass of 1/2 lemonade & 1/2 grape juice (in memory of my mom)
9) Sleep with the windows open
10) Go outside @ 2AM to just listen to the sounds of, and breathe in the smells of, the cool summer nights
heather @ what's blooming this week says
1) Swim every day.
2) Swim late at night with nothing on.
3) Eat outside
4) Walk on a beach
5) Sleep with the windows open instead of the air conditioning.
6) Have a picnic.
7) Go to an outdoor theatre production.
8) Spend an afternoon reading outside.
9) Enjoy a cold beer on a hot afternoon.
10) Throw away the real “to do” list just for a few days.
1. Eat 4 Lobsters with butter.
2. Pick Blueberries.
3. Jump ocean waves.
4. Catch fireflies.
5. Visit Maine.
6. Eat Fish chowder.
7. Go for a boat ride on a lake.
8. Train for a triathlon.
9. Go to a country fair.
10. Toast Marshmallows in a camp fire.
1. Read some great books
2. Drink a lot of iced tea
3. Go to the beach
4. Start swimming again
5. Spend a weekend in my favorite US city, Washington D.C.!
6. Go to a baseball game
7. Organize my home
8. Stress less
We made a summer list for the first time this year–what fun!
Stephanie's Mommy Brain says
I also made a summer list! I don’t plan to do everything but we’re giving it our best shot. http://stephaniesmommybrain.blogspot.com/2010/06/100-free-or-almost-free-summer-family.html
Missy June says
I actually DID make a list! Here’s what we’ve accomplished so far (in no particular order):
1. Tubing down mountain river (this may be my new favorite thing to do!)
2. Minor league baseball game
3. Playing in park fountains
4. Visit aquarium
5. Picnic by the river
6. Hiking & Fishing
7. Homemade lemonade
8. Plant a garden – veggies + lots of flowers!
As a single mom, my schedule is crazy, but I don’t want my children to be “short-changed” because of our circumstances.
Holley Gerth says
Light the firepit and sit on the back porch with my husband! My favorite summer activity. You and your hubby are invited too. (:
I love how you help us find joy and beauty right in the middle of everyday life! Thanks, lovely friend!
Yesterday, I ate a snowcone for lunch! And I didn’t have any kids with me. Just me… a 52 yr old woman with a full head of gray hair, and a perfectly yummy pink and green snowcone!! It was heavenly!
Hooray for spontaneous delights! Now, time to make my list!
I love your list.
Mine would look very similar! I can’t wait to be home with my kids each summer.
Even though they are 15, 17 & 20!
We have so much fun….chilling out!
Everyone needs a break!
Audrey Roseman says
I don’t really have a summer list as things have gone a bit upside down here. But I am going to take careof my 9 yr old grandson for 6 weeks and intend to fully enjoy that!
I like you r list though!!
I’m looking forward to spending time with my girls, though I may have to face the harsh reality that my older two may wish to spend time with friends. Why do our children have to grow up xxx
I love your picture and your summer list. Mine would be…
lazily get out of bed in the morning
sleep with the window open
walk around barefoot
enjoy having my kids home
Wondering where the picture was taken. It looks so much like Cannon Beach, OR. My daughter is there for the summer and I am going to spend some time with her in late July. 😀
Melissa Runcie | Madabella says
Oh Yes…I so need to go the beach and inhale some sea air! One of our favorite places to visit is an arboretum by our house…no greater place to indulge in the sun on a picnic blanket with fresh strawberry lemondade!
Susanne Potter says
1) Enjoy walking through thick grass barefoot
2) Enjoy smelling the flowers
3) Feel the hot sand under my feet
4) Revel in the feel of ocean water flowing over my feet
5) Cook veggie hot dogs and s’mores over an open fire
6) Watching friend try to start said fire, lol
7) Just sitting outside after the feast and talk
8) Smelling salt air
9) Sitting in the sun after a swim
10) Being able to wear tank tops, shorts and sandals ALL the time!
Nikole Hahn says
I felt peaceful just reading it.
1) Go to my favorite chocolate shop.
2) Go for a hike.
3) Walk downtown after dark.
4) Listen…to the breeze in the trees and the laughter of the children.
5) Go to a coffee shop and sit outside.
6) Have a campfire in the backyard.
7) Invite friends over.
8) Slow down.
Linda @bushel and a pickle says
things that do or will bring us bliss in our home….
1. go to the pool
2. go to the ocean
3. go to the carousel
4. go to the park fountain
5. paint the wicker, wash the porch so we can sit in bliss
6. order more Shutterfly books for loved ones
7. pack for 3 mo oversea trip (having it done will be bliss)
8. look for camera (if find it I will be in bliss)
9. download novels to Kindle
10. hug my girls MORE!
3. Hiking at Hagg Lake
4. Horseback Riding
5. Ikea-(it’s an hour drive away)
6. LOTS of patio time
7. Ladies Tea in the Gazebo
8. Outdoor Breakfasts
9. Lots of sugar free fruit smoothies
10. SERIOUS garage sale-ing and antique-ing
Ooooh. I’m slap bang in the middle of a house move, but once that’s done….I am making me a list!
Krista Akerberg says
Oh so much!
1. Breathe in the salt air at the ocean
2. Visit the beach more often
3. Destress, say No! More often
4. Watch, really watch, my kids play soccer
5. Spend one on one time with each of my kids
6. See “Peter pan” at the outdoor theatre
7. Have friends over for cook outs and fun
8. Sleep in!
9. Make more pancakes on Saturdays
10. Ignore silliness, pettiness and fakeness
11. Focus my eyes staight on my Lord
12. Sing out loud and dance with my kids
Teena Price says
stay up late
swim every day
go to Aquatica (water park)
eat boiled peanuts
read more with the kids
just a few…
I listed mine on my blog, and i couldn’y stop at ten!!
I recognized the picture at the top of this blog post from Gearhart, Oregon. The cafe in the background, Pacific Way Cafe, is one of my very favorite restaurants! Some of our very favorite things to do in the summer are 1) pick berries 2) sit on the deck and read 3) enjoy the beautiful flowers in the garden 4) hike by the waterfalls 5) go on a bike ride with the family 6) play cards with the kids 7) visit unique coffee shops 8) find ways to serve people who are in need 9) have barbecues with family 10) make fresh strawberry lemonade 🙂
Nike shox NZ says
We have got looked over plenty of in type of the web logs in advance of,in addition my spouse and i here’s whats up to finally subsidize that a majority of a great number blogmen terminology browse on-line seeing that trash,merely your business opportunity probably are far from, my partner and i much like check out your good post,and simply the loss of weight can feel joy and as well will be able discover a disorder fresh,along with getting rid of respect your individual this site seeing as onr of the best ones i have read before,thank you for sharing your thinks and so good articles.thatOur Ob Sneakers store offers you all kinds of shoes like Air Max TN and Nike Shox NZ with high quality and competitive price.
Curtis & Sherrie says
My summer list of must do things:
1. Bring fresh flowers into the house from the garden every day.
2. Go to the ocean and breathe the salt air, and go barefoot on the beach.
3. Read a good book.
4. Swim in the creek behind our house.
5. Swim in the lake, any lake will do we have several around us that are wonderful
6. Sit on the deck after midnight and look up and look at the stars like I did when I was a child.
7. Make gallons of ice tea and drink a tall glass every day.
8. Make time for family and friends.
9. Have breakfast on the deck, and enjoy the cool morning air.
10. Enjoy each thing listed above, do not hurry them, just enjoy.
Blessings to you and yours
Curtis & Sherrie
Here is my list:
1. Read, read and read some more.
2. Go to the beach, have a picnic, walk along the beaches, see the sunset.
3. Enjoy peach tea.
4. Organize my recipes.
5. Spend time with my grandson, swimming and playing.
6. Float down the river.
7. Get back into quiet time & journaling.
8. Flowers all the time.
9. Have a good, long talk with my husband about our empty nest, make a plan.
10.Spend quality time with my youngest.
JD Pence says
Sigh… my one goal for the summer:
and hopefully find some time to enjoy the outdoors…
Sad, I know. Next summer I hope for much more!